Saturday, July 11, 2015

A New Chapter

I don't like change. But, change is an unavoidable part of life. Whether I like it or not, things are going to change .

At the end of June, I made the hard decision to walk away from Personal Training and my online fitness business. I had to face the cold, hard truth that as much as I loved it, it wasn't what I had hoped--or needed it to be. My heart broke a little bit the day I made that decision. But, I believed that God had a plan for me, and in order to see that plan, I needed to let go of what I was holding onto.

I am working full time for the Hospital here in town as a C.N.A at the Alzheimer's Care Facility. I will begin nursing school, more than likely in the winter semester. I love what I do. I want to eventually work in either the E.R, Pediatrics, OB or as a hospice nurse.

I am happy. Even though there are days at work that test my patience, I still love what I do. I love spending my days with the residence. And being able to provide comfort to them during this time. I truly believe that I am finally on the path that God wanted me to be on.

But, there is still one final piece that I need to let go of. And that's my blog, Melissa Austin Fitness. For several years, I have blogged over there about Fitness. I have been an ambassador for Sweat Pink and for Fitfluential. But, my time in the fitness industry has come to an end. And, when Melissa Austin Fitness expires this month, I will not be renewing that domain name. I will be cutting that final tie.

I won't lie, it's hard. But, I know that the dream I once had of being a big name in the fitness industry, isn't meant for me. And I am okay with that. Kinda.

I will still workout, I will still occasionally blog about fitness. But, Melissa Austin Fitness will no longer be my home. This space here will be

It's time to close the books on that part of my life.

It's time to start a new chapter.


No comments:

Post a Comment